Thursday, October 23, 2008

Just Another Wednesday...uh Thursday.

I`ve been listening to and discussing the Alex Jones radio show an awful lot lately it seems. I think he might remind me of myself, if I had no self-censoring. However, I mention his radio show again today for a couple of specific reasons.

First off, the lovable and very giving Willie Nelson was on for nearly an hour`s worth of phone interview. Willie has protested greedy big banking and corporations for decades and paid the price for it as well, yet he does not back off. Listening to this interview made me regret not trying to arrange a moment to speak with him the last time he performed here.

Of greater interest to me, however, and perhaps to many others, was the return of Naomi Wolf to the show. Ms. Wolf was on for at least an hour and it was quite interesting to listen to their interaction. With all her little gasps and cries of astonishment as she learned scary tidbit after scary tidbit, I thought she seemed surprisingly `belle-ish` to Alex`s `truth cowboy` persona. Very interesting conversation that also made me chuckle a few times.

A new piece of technology came to my attention for the first time during her phone interview today, as well. The TASER Shockwave is a new military/police toy that kind of reminds me of a nasty uber-jellyfish gun. Nature mimicry gone horribly awry (more reasons to avoid a sheerly technocratic society). As the brochure says:

"With the push of a button at a stand-off distance of up to 100 meter, the Shockwave unit deploys multiple standard TASER cartridges that are oriented across an area arc. Full area coverage is provided to instantaneously incapacitate multiple personnel within that region."

Something tells me this will be a big seller for TASER over the next few months as more and more people lose their jobs, homes and any way of feeding themselves.

At this point, since I finally have the comfort of knowing a few people (thank you!) now read my blathering sometimes, I wanted to pose a question. In another interesting sync moment the other day, Alex Jones mentioned a sense of time moving quicker and quicker lately. He was specific enough to mention that this was not even the same kind of quickening that seems to come naturally as part of aging. I know that I have been feeling this as well, for at least a year now. I wonder if this is the case for anyone else?

Peace to us all, brothers and sisters.

No comments: