Friday, June 18, 2010

Uh Oh, Illinois

I can think of at least one person and her family, in Illinois, who will likely want to know about this article, if she doesn't already know:

It is likely to be of interest to most others as well, as it outlines how the Illinois Teacher's Retirement System has become involved in derivatives...even WRITING them. People don't believe me when I tell them not to be so sure about their pensions. Anyone who has money in a pension fund should be finding out how it is invested.

1 comment:

linda said...

Wow.I'll pass this on to my friends at substancenews.net.
I did a search of their site and found issues that pertained only to Chicago Teachers Pension Fund. A few years ago, the locals were not receiving their pensions due to lack of available funds (allegedly). Nothing surprises me about any aspect of the education system in Illinois anymore. We are counting down now. 1 more academic year and we are getting out of Dodge.