Thursday, July 09, 2009

Like a Rolling Stone

Surprisingly enough, Rolling Stone manages to come up with some sincerely important reporting.

In the months following 9/11, Rolling Stone was the first widely distributed publication (that I was aware of) to print an article detailing the Bush/Bin Laden family connections. I am sure there have been other important articles since then, but I would say the recent article by Matt Taibbi, "The Great American Bubble Machine", has to be one of their most important.

I HIGHLY suggest checking out the link and giving this notion a good, long, hard think.

2 comments:

linda said...

I will go check it out. I recall that Rolling Stone was also the first to report on the AIDS virus in full. This was published at the very beginning when the disease was least understood and was devastating entire sub populations. They were also the first to tackle natural disaster and the impact they would have via a huge California earthquake as an example, way back in the mid 80's.

Jerry said...

Thanks linda. Good to know!