Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Some Lighter Notes

As a stagehand and lighting technician I have worked a great number of concerts, from small to quite large. But for all these shows, I have not had the chance to work on a production by what might well be my favorite band of all...and I would never make such a statement lightly.

Anyone who is unaware of the Dave Mathews Band would do well to have a listen, I think. Not only are they fantastic musicians playing some extremely well written music and lyrics, but they are big supporters of Farm Aid. Gosh how I'd love to be able to see them in an agricultural awareness fundraiser on our farm!! I have some neat (although now distant) connections which makes me wonder if I might not have some slim chance to at least get a letter to them.





I think this might be one of the most beautiful, if also most sad, songs of all time. I just love it.



Farmstock 2012...has a neat ring to it huh?

Ahhhh ain't fantasizing fun?

By the way, thanks to those who uploaded the videos and I hope the Band forgives them and me for sharing. I will offer some excellent produce in exchange, if they are willing to pick up!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

I think Farmstock 2012 would be a blast! The slogan could be "Make food, not chemical substitutes."

Jerry said...

hehe nice slogan! Although, I watched something today that has me as concerned about more than chemical substitutes, unless we call High Fructose Corn Syrup a chemical substitute...which perhaps we should. I guess it is both chemical substitute and bastardization of food.

More on this topic when I link the presentation.

Unknown said...

Im a big Dave Matthews fan myself, went to see them live a couple of years ago. Thanks for sharing the videos.